Thursday, January 29, 2009
Mom: Did Mrs. Rose have her baby?
Tage: Yes, the day after yesterday
Mom: Did she have a boy?
Mom: Are you sure his name isn't Josiah?
Tage with a swift turn of the head: Ummm...Josiah?...Actually there are a lot of Noahs around...maybe we could name him Josiah...
There you have it Mrs. Rose, it would be OK with Tage if you named YOUR baby Josiah...there may be to many Noahs already!
THEN I addressed the "day after yesterday issue."
Mom: So Tage do you realize that the day after yesterday is today? Did Mrs. Rose have her baby today?
Tage: Uuuh..No it was the day before yesterday!
Mom: So she had the baby on Tuesday.
Tage: No actually she had the baby on Monday!
Alright does anyone know if Mrs. Rose has had her baby! Clearly we are very confused as to if he has been born, what his name is and what day he came. Boys I tell ya, they are not as observant and love to tell stories!
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Most days I hate this dog. Most days I vow to figure out a way to free myself of this burden. Most days I wonder why God gave me a dog and a puppy to train and care for as if 4 kids in 5 years isn't enough...When I'm about to the puppy breaking point and I think I can't take it any longer, when I think there is no way for me to love another breathing thing I stumble upon the picture above...I KNOW...ADORABLE...Isn't that one of the most loveable things you've ever seen. Carmel is a member of the family for better or for worse and will see our kiddos through their childhood. When they think back to their lazy summer days, and weekends at home Carmel will always be a part of their memories.
Monday, January 26, 2009
- In 1816 only one in a hundred marriages ended in divorce. Today it's almost half.
- A recent presidential report: Today around 60% of our nation's children will spend a significant portion of their childhood without a father.
- In the USA, 30-60% of children will grow up without a father physically present.
- Abortion, 1.3 million in our country will be abandoned in the womb.
While he started with these major national statistics we were also reminded that even just "being around," is not enough. Fathers need to love, instruct, discipline, spend floor time and affirm our children daily. Abusiveness is far more than physical..there is emotional and spiritual as well. Spiritual abuse was defined as being legalistic, hypocritical, having standards without grace and having standards with out explanation....things I think are sometimes easy to fall into when in the thick/heat of child training...
Like always Pastor Gene did a beautiful job of remedying the "Father Hunger" problem. I am going to copy his words right off the outline...REMEMBER to truly understand these points you should click on the link and listen to the "Father Hunger" sermon.
- Understand, acknowledge and begin to pray against the devastating effects of "Father Hunger."
- Craft and Preserve a Masculine Liturgy in the Lord's Service. "Our Father, who art in heaven..." "I believe in God the Father..." Preaching that reveals the true fatherhood of God, e.g. "The Prodigal Father." Preaching that declares rather than suggests, and unashamedly adopts not only the message but also the method of holy scripture. Psalms and masculine hymns. Men leading in worship. Men serving at the Lord's Table.
- You Fathers, bring your children up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Be physically present, spiritually and emotionally engaged (including discipline), helping, healing and encouraging. Giving our children a living, albeit imperfect picture of their Heavenly Father. Remembering what God requires...
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Brant was changing Ben's diaper last night, and when he lifted Ben's legs to wipe him, Ben let out quite a loud unmistakable fart, which caused a furry of laughter because my boys think potty talk and noises are just too funny!!
Tage brought home a book about a little boy named "Bart"...I'm sure you can imagine the effect "Bart" had on Tage. Every time he said the name while he was reading he would fall over in uncontrollable laughter. I was no help because I was in stitches myself over his absolute lack of reason over the potential to rhyme "Bart" with "Fart"! Oh brother...Boys are a hoot and while most days I am irritated by potty talk and am trying to teach them that it is not edifying to speak this way....sometimes we just have to laugh...and document such silliness for future amusement!
Friday, January 23, 2009
As I was reading the news this morning regarding Obama's plan to end the ban on federal funds for international groups that promote or perform abortions, my good friend Khriee directed me to this commercial posted by catholicvote.org. It seems fitting and appropriate for today...
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
"Ok, so this is my life...As I was typing the title of this post Ben came over and punched a bunch of buttons on the keyboard. Before I new it a few screens flashed before my eyes and a message came up saying this message had been posted...Aggg I have not even wrote anything yet!!! So then I had to figure out where to go to edit a posted message. My point you ask? If things look half-finished or a little unorganized/frazzled, just remember I have 4 children 6 and under. They are often sitting on my lap while I check email or I guess writing on my Blog."Oct 07
Unfortunately I am still unable to sit in total quiet and type without several interruptions. In fact often I start a post, save it and come back to it a few times before it is posted. My original thought is either lost or sometimes forgotten, so I edit, and cut until I make something out of what I started...probably takes more time that way. All that to say...extra grace on the editing malfunctions...unless you want to be a FREElance editor at All Peoples Clap Your Hands For Joy! Nuff Said!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
"If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen.?
And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also."
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Friday, January 9, 2009
Mom: Well Vi, it looks like you have a fever, I'll be right back with some Motrin..
Dad: Why don't you just snuggle up right here on my lap...
Vi: Daddy...why do I have to have a beaver...
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
- Out in 08 is the feeling of newness to Wenatchee. We have been here almost 2 yrs and are defiantly feeling like we have settled into permanent residence!
- Out in 08 seems to be almost everything baby! The crib is gone we have no more infant clothing and have given away most all our baby gear. I would like to say we are done with diapers but we're still working on that! :)
- Out in 08 are 3 of Tage's baby teeth!
- Out in 08 is Brant's adjunct teaching position at Wenatchee Valley College. He was fortunate enough to teach programming every quarter for a little over a year. He loved it, but has since realized there are many doors opening for him that would have been difficult to pursue while teaching! God is good and our faith continues to grow!
- Out in 08 was our 13yr wedding anniversary
- Out in 08 is my reluctance to run on a regular basis!
- Out in 08 is all the unfinished...
- Out in 08 is much more...I can't remember, which is fine because it's long gone!
In With 2009!
- Flying by ever so quickly and changing in 2009 are the ages of my boys 7,5 and 2 and my girl age 4. They will be turning 8,6,3 and 5...ugggg...big kids are not far away!
- In with 09 is a fresh perspective on much of our life!
- In with 09 is a fresh look at our budget (we set new goals every year!)
- In with 09 is a fresh look at our child rearing as the kids seem to be entering a new season of childhood.
- In with 09 is the possibility that I may consider working towards future employment opportunities...lots of discussion...still lots of thinking and praying to do.
- In with 09 is more baseball and swimming and adding soccer and dance to the list of extra kid "to dos."
- In with 09 is a deep desire to run and exercise 3-4 days a week...also possibly train for another half-marathon!
- In with 09 is also a commitment to continuing my blog, as I have discovered this is a great way for me to document our life and share so many fun, funny,creative,delicious, and random things with my blogging community.
- In with 09 is much more that I can not even pretend to predict! Bring it on! We are ready!