Thursday, September 4, 2008

One Thing Leads To Another!

I'm sure you all know what I am talking about! First, we decided to take our house off the market and make our property work for us...SOOO we have entered into a massive landscape project consisting of destruction and construction of all fences, all landscaping, concrete slabs, sprinkler systems etc. We are designing and installing a driveway gate including the electrical opener...which should be interesting...since Brant isn't an electrician! The best part is the silly little shed in the back is going away to a well deserving family which I am so excited about...BUT...the emptying of that shed has caused most of the difficulties surrounding this landscape/fence fiasco! Where to put the stuff in the shed leads to a mass re-org of our house and garage followed by an amazing amount of furniture moving and then the realization that we have some SERIOUS cleaning to do...ALL OF THIS FOR A YARD AND A FENCE....JEESH!!! I'll post some pics of the final product when it is all complete....

5 comments:

Krista said...

Oh so very true! This is why my house is never fully clean/organized. Because I get started in one area and move stuff to another and then I have to arrange that area to make space for it and never get back to the first and so on... :)
So does this mean that you will have you whole back yard including your driveway fenced in? That will be nice!

Signe said...

This is why my back hillside is going stay in its current natural state. My kids can landscape it for a couple more years.

The James Family said...

I totally know what you are talking about. We keep starting new things here, but I guess that is how it is with kids running around. Naps, rain, and all sorts of unexpected things can totally redirect plans. I love keeping up with you all on your blog. Keep it up!

Sarah said...

Thanks Rachel! That is too cute about Violet. It would be so fun to take pictures of her chasing butterflys. I just uploaded a few more that I edited in photoshop. They are very different then the original pictures I must say, but I really like them. We will see what my teacher thinks of them. :) Tell all the kids I said hi!!

Bethany said...

Its alot of work but I love demo and new changes/organization!

Hey - did you guys have Michelle's baby shower yet? She said you were planning one, but I hadn't heard anything about it yet. Can you email me? My address is bbyington81@hotmail.com Thanks!