Monday, January 14, 2008

Snow Shoeing Trek At Mission Ridge


I have to thank Brant and my good friend Amy Lindman for encouraging me to go on this most amazing snowshoeing trek! Not only was it incredibly beautiful but it was a killer workout, and a wonderful way to meet and talk with some really neat people of all ages! I was actually very reluctant, partly because I like the "idea" of winter and snow and such, but when it comes right down to it, I DO NOT like to be cold. Have no fear people, it was not the least bit cold. We walked straight up hill for about an hour and a half. I was also a bit nervous because I had never snowshoed before. I felt a little intimidated joining in with a group of people who do this rather frequantly...ALAS!...All my fears and anxieties were quickly forgot once I strapped the rather awkward concoctions to my feet and began walking. It was a blast to be able to trek through the deep snowy woods that would otherwise be unavailable for people to enjoy in the deep winter months. It was so beautiful to see the untouched blanket of snow on the trees, and various other landscapes. I came back with a huge since of accomplishment (we burned over 1000 calories), I was soaked from a mixture of wet snow and sweat, and I swear I will be participating in this activity every Saturday I can until the snow is gone. This is just another reason I am so thankful God brought us here to the Wenatchee Valley!

1 comment:

Thankfulmom said...

Rachel,
That sounds so wonderful. I have been wanting to try snowshoeing for several years,and even tried to do it for my birthday one year, but it hasn't worked out yet. Maybe one day soon.
Lisa